Your body will begin to renew itself when you give up combustible cigarettes, which has the power to improve the length and quality of your life. However, breaking this cycle of addiction isn’t easy and often requires ex-smokers to use stop smoking aids, such as e-cigarette devices, to lower their nicotine intake and reduce the risk for various health issues. So, if you are having trouble quitting smoking, keep a positive outlook, and concentrate on the benefits that can come both quickly and then further down the road.
What are some advantages of quitting combustible cigarettes?
Those who decide to quit combustible cigarettes get to enjoy the fresh scent of life, and aside from helping your loved ones to benefit from the lack of secondhand smoke, it’s good to focus your motivation towards how your mind and body can benefit as well.
Here are some reasons why you should quit smoking now:
- Lower your risk of coronary disease
- Improve your heart rate and blood pressure
- Lower your risk of diabetes
- The body will start to repair its blood vessels
- Lung functioning increases
- Lower your risk of developing various cancers
- Lower your risk of having a stroke
- Exercise without experiencing heightened shortness of breath
- Your clothes, hair, body, car, and home will smell better
- Your sense of taste and smell will return to normal
- The stains on your fingernails and teeth can start to fade
- You will be able to save thousands of dollars a year
How quickly does your body start to recover?
Whether you can quit cold-turkey or through the use of stop smoking aids like e-cigarettes, your body will start improving your overall health immediately after you stub out your combustible cigarette butt.
- In the first 20 minutes: Your blood pressure and heart rate recover from the nicotine-induced spike.
- After 12 hours: Your carbon monoxide levels in your blood return to normal.
- After two weeks: Your oxygen circulation and lung function start improving.
- One to nine months later: You will experience less coughing and shortness of breath, clearer and deeper breathing, and your lungs will possess less risk of infection.
- One year later: The risk of developing coronary heart disease will be reduced by 50%.
- Five years later: The risk of developing cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, and bladder are cut in half.
- 10 years later: Less likely to die from lung cancer and the risk of larynx or pancreatic cancer is decreased.
- 15 years later: The risks of coronary heart diseases match those who are non-smokers.
Why use e-cigarettes as your stop smoking aids?
While no amount of nicotine consumption is considered to be safe for the body, it’s more important to successfully transition away from the damages that are caused by long-term tobacco use. So, if you are ready to give up combustible cigarettes but the effects of nicotine withdrawal weigh heavily on your ability to stop conventional smoking, one of the best things you can do is find an e-cig device that fulfills both your physical and mental dependencies.
While many people struggle to quit smoking because of their nicotine addictions, others are more addicted psychologically dependent and miss elements like holding a combustible cigarette or the hand-to-mouth motion. This is part of the reason that e-cigarettes empower the user, enabling them to lower their levels as needed over time and take control of their intake by using capsules and cartomizers to effectively deliver nicotine throughout the body. The devices feel and look like traditional cigarettes and offer a similar inhalation/exhalation sensation to allow users to develop their quit timeline, keep tobacco-free, and never have to experience the withdrawal that can come from relinquishing nicotine.
What stop smoking aid was most effective for you during your quit journey? Drop some advice in the comments section below to encourage those who may be on the fence.